What are some of the Vegan Pizza options from the two largest pizza franchises? We’ve done our homework and here is an infographic image with all the information we gathered from Dominos and Pizza Hut.
VEGAN RANGE PIZZAS
Dominos has a range of 10 Vegan Pizzas and these are:
- Vegan Hawaiian from $18.10 – 4568kJ
- Vegan Supreme from $13.00 – 4616kJ
- Vegan Ham & Cheese from $13.90 – 3984kJ
- Vegan Pepperoni from $13.00 – 4456kJ
- Vegan Loaded Burger from $18.90 – 5432kJ
- Vegan Taco Fiesta from $18.90 – 5296kJ
- Vegan Beef & Onion from $13.90 – 4632kJ
- Vegan Spicy Veg Trio from $7.95 – 3896kJ
- Vegan Margherita from $7.95 – 4144kJ
- Vegan Avacado Veg from $18.50 – 4520kJ
Pizza Hut has 5 Vegan Pizzas:
- Vegan Mediterranean Personal Pan from $4.95
- Vegan Deluxe from $16.95 – 6331kJ
- Vegan Mediterranean from $16.95 – 6548kJ
- Vegan Cheese Lovers from $9.95 – 6536kJ
- Vegan Margherita from $9.95 – 6249kJ
PRICES AND SIZES
The cheapest price for a Dominos pizza is a Vegan Margherita and Vegan Spicy Veg Trio. This is for a large pizza (approximately 11″) and for an extra $3 you can upgrade to 50% more size and topping.
The cheapest price for a Pizza Hut pizza is the Vegan Mediterranean Personal Pan which costs $4.95 and it’s roughly 6″ in size. It’s the smallest pizza available but you can order this as a lunch meal which includes a drink and spud bites for $7.95
The medium size pizza is approximately 9″ and the large size pizza is 11″.
CUSTOMISE TOPPINGS AND GLUTEN FREE BASE
The Dominos Vegan pizzas cannot be customised or have the toppings changed. You do have the option to change the toppings on other pizzas and add the Vegan cheese, plant based beef and ham. Unfortunately, there is no option to add the Vegan pepperoni. Also, the Dominos Vegan pizzas cannot be ordered with a gluten free base.
The Pizza Hut pizzas do have the option to customise the pizza toppings, however there is no option to change the base to gluten free. Note, the gluten free base from Pizza Hut has egg content.
Dominos only offers two sides and these are:
- Vegan Cheesy Garlic Bread from $7.00 – 2910kJ
- Garlic Bread from $4.00 – 2227kJ
Pizza Hut offers 4 Vegan options and these are:
- Vegan Cheesy Garlic Bread from $6.95 – 2594kJ
- Garlic Bread from $4.45 – 2278kJ
- Spud Bites from $4.45 – 1790kJ
- Cornetto Vegan Vanilla 4 Pack from $8.95 – 3384kJ
THINKING OF GOING VEGAN?
Here are a few handy tips if you’re thinking of changing to a Vegan diet:
- Start with a few days eating vegan meals and then increase progressively. There will be dramatic changes to the body and if you’re not prepared you will give up in a short period of time
- Eat a healthy well balanced diet – this includes fruits, vegetables and whole foods. Keep in mind the Average Daily Energy intake is 8700kJ
- Keep fit during your vegan journey. According to the World Health Organisation, you should try to exercise at least 150 minutes each week
Dominos website – https://dominos.com.au
Dominos Nutritional Information – https://www.dominos.com.au/media/93032/vegan-range-september-2019.pdf
Pizza Hut website – https://pizzahut.com.au
Pizza Hut Nutritional Information –
World Health Organisation – https://www.who.int/dietphysicalactivity/factsheet_adults/en/